4/19/13

Grettis saga, part 14.

66.

Grettir: "Oooooh a jötunn in this cave! FIGHT ME"

Grettir: *disembowels a jötunn*

Grettir: "Well, I'll just take the two skeletons here and leave shall I."



67.

Þórir: "Interesting. Could have been Grettir now could it not?"

Grettir: "Not fucking again. Ok where shall I go."

Guðmundur: "There's that island called Drangey over there you could try."

Grettir: "But it's... going to be dark at night there..." ;^;

Meanwhile that Steinvör lady pops out a baby that looks different than everyone else in the family and turns out to be monstrously strong. HMMMM.

68.

While all this is going on, Þorsteinn Kuggason (not Grettir's brother, that other kinsman) gets the chop.

Snorri goði: "OK Þóroddur, that was a bit much. Off with you and no coming home until you've killed at least one outlaw."

Þóroddur: "I'll just kill that random herdsman then."

Geirlaug: "Lol you loser. A REAL MAN would kill Grettir instead. But you know, we'd need A REAL MAN here first.

Þóroddur: "...I changed my mind I'll go fight Grettir instead."

Þóroddur: "FIGHT ME GRETTIR"

Grettir: "Oh trust me I'd love to, but your dad would not like it, so..."

Grettir: "No."

69.

Grettir: "But I'm still going to have to go to Drangey alone oh fuk."

Illugi: "I could come with you."

Grettir: "YESPLZ. If that's ok with you mum."

Ásdís: "I've a bad feeling about this..."

On the way they come across a Þorbjörn who is a great swaggerer so of course he can come with them. Everyone loves a good swaggerer!

70.

Whoops there's sheep on Drangey. Logically there's also people who own them. Or you know, what's left after Grettir & friends have been eating them all summer.

There's a Hjalti who's a Þórður's son who was a Hjalti's son who was a Þórður's son. One could think this family somewhat unimaginative when it comes to naming the kids. His brother's a Þorbjörn, let's add his nickname "fish hook" to him cause else's there's just too many Þorbjörns in this part of the story.



Part 15.


No comments:

Post a Comment