12/25/12

Hello, and a very Merry Bobmas to all!

So hi, this entry has nothing what so ever to do with Gísla saga Súrssonar but everything to do with what happens next. There's only one more entry worth of Gísla saga, so now I'm looking at what I might re-write next. My options are:

* Laxdæla saga
* Hervarar saga ok Heidreks konungs
* Eiríks saga rauða + Grænlendiga saga (these two make what we now know as "Vinland sagas", compare with the awesome manga version Vinland saga)

I thought that since I seem to have a surprising amount of people from various countries reading my blog (hello and a very merry Yule to Iceland, USA, Germany, Russia, UK, Israel, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Japan and Canada)(in order of appearance iow in order of blog views) it might be best to ask what you guys would prefer to read about. I know it's not an easy choice, in particular because I'm giving only three choices, but in case you want to have a vote, here's some additional info on the three:

Laxdæla saga: one of the most loved Icelandic three-way love triangles.
Hervarar saga ok Heidreks konungs: shieldmaidens! This is not an Icelandic saga, mind. It happens most likely in south Sweden.
Vinland sögur: Icelanders found America.

I will be equally open to other suggestions if you have a saga you really, really, really want to be re-written in short form here, so if yours is none of these three just drop me a note! Even if it doesn't get chosen as the next one you might pump it forward in the queue!

(In case you don't have preferences I'll just flip a coin. I can flip a coin among three options, yes. It'll be heads, tails or edge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment