3/28/10

Brennu-Njáls saga, part 6.

73

Njáll: “Ok, so I got you out once again. But this time both you and Kolskeggur have to go abroad for three years or else you're dead meat.”

74

Kolskeggur: “So... I guess we ought to sail away then.”

Gunnar: “Nah, you go. I'm too awesome to be killed.”

75

Mörður: “So – wait what? Gunnar is outlawed? Like – free game now? SWEET.”

76

A band of men ride to Gunnar's house. Þorgrímur climbs the house to see if Gunnar's home, Gunnar fukken spears him through the fukken roof and would probably have thrown him into river too, but lacking one he merely throws him down. And then we get viking slapstick!

Mörður: “Was Gunnar home then, do you think so?” :D

Þorgrímur: “Dunno, lol, but his spear def. was! Argl!” :D

And then Gunnar breaks the string on his bow and is like, Hallgerður, with hair thick as yours even one of them could sort of double as a bowstring so would you mind if I, and she basically goes:

Hallgerður: “Lol go see what I said on part 3!”

Gunnar: “...argl.”

77

Rannveig: “Bitch you didn't cut your hair for my son!”

Hallgerður: “Wtf crazy bitch, my lovely hair? K then I'll go away!”

Skarphéðinn: “Wait, who's there?”

Gunnar: *cough* “Mi-mi-mi-miiiii... [music]”

Högni: “Uh, how many times does he have to be killed before he shuts up?”

78

Skarphéðinn: “I guess we'll go kill those guys who killed him then, right?”

Högni: “Guess he won't let us sleep otherwise...”

Lots of men who haven't been mentioned previously argl, so we get to read all about their background first because very, very soon they won't have anything to do with the story anymore. And then Mörður also argls but not before Skarphéðinn sings to him gently all night long.

79

Njáll: “I kinda want a new wife now.”

80

Kolskeggur: “So duuuude now I'm here in Norway and this guy appeared to me in that shiny armor etc. and offered me babes and monies, logically this dream means I have to get baptized to Christianity.”

And then Kolskeggur marries some Russian lady and is out of the story. Never underestimate the power of Russian ladies!



Part 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment