3/28/10

Brennu-Njáls saga, part 2.

19

Meet Gunnar. Gunnar is son of this and son of that and his brothers are Kolskeggur and Hjörtur and besides, Gunnar can somersault backwards in full war-gear, true thing no lie. Oh, and he's got another brother who married this random chick and now that you know all about this brother we'll tell you he doesn't even come into this story lol.

In short, Gunnar is made of awesome.

20

There's this dude called Njáll and something about the title of this story makes you think he won't come out of it smelling like roses.

21

BUT WAT UNNUR IS RELATED TO GUNNAR good for her. Anyways she buys too many pretty dresses and ends up broke.

Unnur: "Dude that impo ex o mine stole my dowry!"

Gunnar: "Gotcha."

Njáll: "Put that thing away and listen to me first, k -"

22

Njáll: "So basically you'll have to go sue this impo Hrútur at his door. Now you'll have to do it like this, in a really complicated way by dressing up as a blacksmith and acting like a jerk and tricking him into hearing the suit from you, instead of like, riding to his door and just shouting him the message. I won't explain why you have to do it the hard way, I might be just funnying you because it'd be really lulzy if you bought all this crap."

Gunnar: "Gotcha."

23

Gunnar rides with so many men in this story it totally doesn't sound gay.

Hrútur: "K, here's how you sue me to court, it's not at all suspicious that you're tricking me into listening you repeat this after me."

Höskuldur: *facepalm*

24

Gunnar: "So, yeah, now if you won't give back Unnur's dowry I'll come to get it and that would really make my day. I can do it one-handedly on rollerskates and sing all the while too because I'm Gunnar and I'm awesome."

Hrútur: "Shit."

25

Skarphéðinn: "Hi, I'm Njáll's son and one of the rare Icelanders whose name doesn't end with ur!"

Grímur: "Hi, I'm Njáll's second son and - STOP LAUGHING AT ME YOU -"

Helgi: "Hi, I'm Njáll's third son and neener neener!"

Höskuldur: "Hi, I'm Njáll's fourth son and my mother is the daughter of Höskuldur (but not Hallgerður), and now that you wonder if my grandpa is the same Höskuldur we've been talking about all this time you'll begin to realize just how inbred we are!"

26

There's this guy called Ásgrímur whose children are called Þórhallur, Þórhallur, Grímur and Þórhalla. We suspect Grímur is a bit of a favourite one.

27

Helgi gets married just like everyone else and Gunnar was at the wedding and OMFG GUNNAR IS SO AWESOME EEEEEEE~

28

Hallvarður: "Hey Gunnar, since you're so awesome I want you on my ship please."

Gunnar: "A very good idea and not gay at all!"

29

Gunnar: "What say you we go raid some Norwegian?"

Hallvarður: "Hell yeah bro!"

30

Gunnar & co attack a ship and won't stop until every man on it is dead. Every now and then Gunnar takes a break from fighting and sings some verses because Gunnar is awesome like that.

31

Some earl is really happy with Gunnar so Gunnar boinks his relative, Bergljóta, just to show us all he's so awesome!

32

Gunnar thinks Norway's boring and goes home.

33

Hallgerður: "Hiya handsome!"

Gunnar: "O baby. You have clothes on and hair on your head. I'm so going to marry you"

Hrútur: "WTF dude are you fucking insane?!"

34

A man called Þráinn makes big eyes at Þorgerða who's the daughter of Glúmur and Hallgerður and his wife gets mad. So he marries Þorgerða, that'll teach that bitch. This has very little to do with the story so why should we care? IDK.



Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment