1/26/13

Laxdæla saga, part 11.

51.

Ólafur: "Ok then, I suggest all of the men who attacked Kjartan should be outlawed and banished except for Bolli because we're family."

Everyone else: "Ólafur's awesome!"

Þorgerður: "We fostered him and HE KILLED OUR SON YOU -"

Anyway, Ólafur dies. Of old age, I think. IDK really could have been a zombie attack as well I guess.



52.

Random boy who's related to Þorgerður: "Þorkell keeps making fun of Kjartan."

Halldór: "Lol shut up."

Þorgerður: "Says the one who's too afraid to chop that Þorkell like he ought to."

Þorkell then gets chopped by Halldór. Do not underestimate the negotiation skills of the daughter of Egíll Skalla-Grímsson.

53.

Þorgerður: "Oh and have you also forgotten about that Bolli, Halldór dear? Your grandpa Egíll would never have let his brother's death go unpunished!"

(Except that Egíll kind of let his own brother be sent to certain death without a word in edgewise and then married his widow cause he had had the hots for her for ages.)(It's ok there's some thing fathers don't tell their daughters.)

54.

Halldór: "So yeah help us kill Bolli."

Barði: "Dude wat. Also no way he's got Guðrún on his side."

Halldór: "That's my lad I knew you'd be with us!"

Þorgerður: "I'm coming too."

Halldór: "Look, ma, there's already nine of us, me, Steinþór, Helgi, Höskuldur, Barði, Lambi, Þorsteinn, another Helgi and Án the twig-belly who can survive disembowelings."

Þorgerður: "Did you not hear me or."

55.

The guys sneak up on Bolli at his summer house. Guðrún wants to stay and watch but Bolli sends her off to wash some linen.

Án: *charges right into the house*

Án: *gets the chop*

Án: *probably isn't coming up a second time unless the dream hag can stuff brains back in as well*

Helgi: *spears Bolli*

Steinþór: *hacks Bolli's head off, just in case he didn't get the point*

Þorgerður: "Good one!"

Guðrún: "Uh, how did it go?"

Helgi: "Nice scarf, lemme use it to wipe all this blood off my spear."

Halldór: "Dude, not cool. Er. I don't like that smile of hers right now very much."

Helgi: "I... think she's sort of preg."

And then we'll have a moment of horrified silence because we all know what happens when mothers really want their sons to avenge someone. I mean if you already forgot about it, read a couple of chapters back as to what Þorgerður just did.



Part 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment