5/16/13

Egils saga, part 9.

41

Meanwhile that Brynjólfur dies. He was the dad of that Björn who kidnapped that Þóra.

Þórólfur goes to see him, drops off Ásgerður and then goes to king Eiríkur.

Þórólfur: "Oh my dad loved the axe, told me to tell you thank you for it and he sent you this ship here. This is all true and not a clever lie that shows just how diplomatic I can be when I know I'm otherwise risking the bad temper of a king."

Þórólfur: "And hello friend Þórir I am here. This brat's my little brother, can you put him up somewhere plz. He's a bit helpless without me, see."

Egill: "I'm, like, right here."

Arinbjörn: "Hay I'm Þórir's son. You should be friends with me."



42

Þórólfur: "That Ásgerður for my wife plz."

Everyone else: "OMG yes good idea wonderful match!"

Egill: "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Egill: *can't go to celebrate the wedding because he falls ill rrrriiiiight before it, whoops*

43

Immediately after the wedding goers have left Egill becomes miraculously better.

Egill: "Hay Ölvir, I'm bored can I sail out with you on your boat?"

The weather turns bad and they have their hands full trying to row to safety. Thank God Egill's suddenly all well and strong again. Anyway they end up at an island that belongs to king Eiríkur and the keeper there, a guy called Bárður, is their good friend.

Bárður: "You guys better rest at my place. Here's food and drink, sry that I don't have ale for you, but dry off and get some sleep ok."

44

King Eiríkur + Gunnhildur: "HELLO FRIENDS WE ARE HERE."

Suddenly there's plenty of ale to go around! Ölvir and Egill and their company are all invited to the party.

Bárður: "Here kid, have some too."

Egill: "You're a stingy asshole and a liar and you know it. Here let me compose you a poem that further ridicules you."

Bárður: "Hmmmm Gunnhildur, how about we poison the brat?"

Gunnhildur: "OMG that would be hilarious!"

Egill: "You two think I'm a moron huh. Well let me carve magic runes on this drinking horn and put some of my blood in them. See, it broke immediately, this is how you know the drink's poisoned, everyone knows that."

Ölvir: *passes out*

Bárður: "Uh... ok before you two go how about one more horn of ale?"

Egill: "How about my sword through your belly? Yeah thought you wouldn't like that!"

45

In the morning king Eiríkur has a search done to find Egill. Egill meanwhile has already left island, swimming to another one. The search eventually comes there too but he just waits until most of the searchers are gone out of sight, kills the few left on the boat, steals the boat and sails away to Þórir's place.

Eiríkur Bloodaxe shows to be a bit unlike his own dad by letting Ölvir and his men go. Yeah, they were totally innocent of everything that happened. But would that have stopped Haraldur Touchy from having them dead, yeah I didn't think so either. Then Eiríkur's off to another party because this one sort of sucked balls.

Þórólfur: "Whoah kid, I did not think I'd see you again. Wtf you been up to?"

Egill: "Uuuuh this and that, this and that... had to show some bitches their places, that sort of thing."

Þórir: "So Eiríkur, how about I pay for Egill's killings?"

Eiríkur: "I'm beginning to think my dad may well have been right about something for once..."



Part 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment