2/9/13

Grettis saga, part 2.

6.

Þrándur's dad dies.

Öndóttur: "There's a guy called Grímur who wants the inheritance and he'd like to see Þrándur as dead as possible, as soon as possible."

Þrándur: "Suddenly going to Iceland sounds like a splendid idea! Anyway, Ófeigur and Þormóð already live there."

Önundur: "I'd rather go home sry bye."



7.

Grímur: "This pisses me off."

Grímur: *chops Öndóttur*

Signý: "...so if you could avenge my husband that would be great."

Önundur: "Yes m'am!"

Ásmundur, Ásgrímur (Öndóttur's sons) and Önundur go and burn Grímur + roughly 30 others in his house. By now you may have noticed but I'll still point out that dying in a house fire was almost a natural cause of death in this era.

Some Earl Auðun has been in cahoots with Grímur so next they land his case like a brick wall and this Auðun pretty much shits himself. He's forced to strip off everything of value and then Ásmundur and Ásgrímur point at him and call him names HAHA -

Önundur: "And then you two idiots just let him go without killing him?"

Hallsteinn Horse slaps an Eiríkur with a drinking horn, a viking era equivalent of throwing your glass at someone's face. Ásgrímur sneaks into Hallsteinn the Horse's place in the middle of the night and chops him, and next we get a Benny Hill-ish scene where a large group of men run around in chase of one, none seeing anything in the darkness, just madly flailing around with their weapons and eventually declaring that they probably managed to kill the attacker cause clearly he's nowhere to be seen anymore.

Önundur: "Shame that Ásgrímur's dead, I suppose we'll just go to Iceland then."

8.

Ásmundur: "Cool I'm in Iceland now."

Önundur: "Wish I was there too but somehow my ship got blown out at sea juuuust as I was getting there."

Ásgrímur: "HELLO FRIENDS I AM HERE"

9.

Önundur manages to find land.

Önundur: "Fucking finally!"

Eiríkur Snare: "Here's my lands, so live here maybe?"

10.

Ófeigur gets killed by a Þorbjörn. Önundur meets with Auður Deepminded. Here's another character whose name sounds familiar doesn't it? Yes, Auður Deepminded is the same person as Unnur Deepminded, don't ask me why she suddenly has two names she could definitely comb her hair.

(I mean at least until she lost her comb and got a whole place named after losing a comb there. Either it was an important comb or she was a rather fierce lady, take your pick.)

Auður: "So yeah I'm getting old and I want to see my grandson Ólafur married. Nothing to do with whatever's going on atm go ahead keep killing each other."

Þorbjörn: "Ok I'm outlawed. BUT. While abroad I'm going to make a baby Sölmundur. And he shall make a baby Kári the Blingy for Njáls saga!"

Ólafur gets married in a rush because no one wants to cross Auður.

Auður: "Now we have a nice party here, welcome everyone, the beer's free and after I die Ólafur will inherit me."

Auður: "This is my cue to die of old age by the way."

Auður: "I'll just go do it now shall I?"



Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment