6/29/13

Egils saga, part 14.

63

Arinbjörn's nephew Þorsteinn goes to claim an inheritance of his.

Egill: "That reminds me, I have a farm that king Eiríkur and Berg-Önundur stole from me..."

King Aðalsteinn: "...bad idea Egill, baaaaaaad. How about you work for me instead and -"

Egill: "Sry can't hear you over the sound of me going to get that farm back. But hey when I come back I might agree to work for you maybe."



64

King Hákon (Aðalsteinn's foster son): " So ok Þorsteinn your claim's all good, I'm totally backing you up on this."

Egill: "Ahem, about my farm..."

King Hákon: "You do know Eiríkur's my brother right."

Egill: "I also know he means trouble hint hint wink nudge wink."

King Hákon: "Look - whatever. Have your lands. Btw Norway might have unhealthy climate for you, how about you go back to Iceland and stay there."

65a

Another nephew of Arinbjörn's is called Friðgeir. His mum's a Gyða. Egill + friends stay at their place but everyone there is sort of gloomy, plus there's a young lady, Friðgeir's sister, who's crying nonstop.

Egill: "Aw what's the matter?"

Young lady: "BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO"

Gyða: "Well it's just that there's this berserker dude who wants to marry her and we said no, so he challenged Friðgeir to a duel. Friðgeir's sort of young so he's dead meat and let's not talk about what'll happen to the girl UNLESS YOU HELP US PLS."

Friðgeir: "Muuu-uuu-uuu-uuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuum..."

65b

The next day they all travel to the duel island, Egill among them of course.

Berserker: *bites his shield**I have no idea how that's supposed to work**maybe make your opponent laugh to death*

Egill: "Weeeelllll if you weren't a total scaredy-cat you'd fight me instead of children."

Berserker: "If I wasn't what. Ok up you go big boy!"

Egill: "Sure."

Egill: *hackhackhackhackahckhack*

Berserker: *flies off the duel ring*

Berserker: "On a second thought how about we take a small break now? Please?"

65c

Egill: "Hum de hum, losers rest winners fight hum de hum..."

Berserker: "OK then."

Egill: *chops berserker's foot off*

Berserker: "Argl."

Then we find out that no one liked this berserker (no one ever likes berserkers) and besides that he was a Swede. Damn foreigners, coming to Norway to take away lands and women.



Part 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment